• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iPhone support

#1 User is offline   curtcox 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

I am interested in JET exclusively for iPhone support.  I realize that the iPhone isn't currently a targeted platform, but JET as it stands now is a nice start to meeting Apple's iPhone restrictions.  I won't be able to bankroll development on my own, so please add comments or suggestions if you are interested in this, too.  Here are the features I'm looking for:

1) The ability to deploy to iPhones via the app store
2) Java 7 support, so that all of the upcoming modularity support can be used to keep the binaries as small as possible
3) UI support in order of decreasing desirability --  JavaFX, Java2D, Swing, AWT, and SWT.  Alternatively, the ability to run a web server on the iPhone (think Hudson or Fitnesse) and render the UI through a browser would meet all of my needs, but I don't know how feasible that is.

I'm sure the current Apple tools for developing iPhone apps are very nice, but I want to be able to deploy the things I write across different platforms. 

Thanks,
Curt

PS -- I think the latest discussion of a JET OS X port predates SoyLatte.  Perhaps, this new development will make iPhone support easier than it would have been in the past. 

http://landonf.bikem...tatic/soylatte/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users