• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DISPLAY.SYM LIBRARY

#1 User is offline   condesitadeirun 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

Hello!!

I'm from Spain so,  I'm sorry for the mistakes what I can do in this message.

I need Display.sym library for my compiler because I have to use  SetCursorPosition to change the corsor in my program!!

Thanks!!!

#2 User is offline   qnr 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCorpus Christi, TX, USA

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:39 AM

I personally don't know about a DISPLAY.SYM library. However, I created an ANSI module for my own use and made it available a while back.

Per my post in a different thread here on the Excelsior Forums, at http://www.excelsior...hp?topic=1317.0

You can use ANSI escape codes for text colors, cursor positioning, and other options in text terminals and virtual consoles.

The module was created for use with XDS Modula-2 on a GNU/Linux system.  However, it should be useable on other Operating Systems and with other Modula-2 compilers with only minor modifications.  Linux comes with support for ANSI codes.  Support for ANSI on Windows and DOS machines requires a device driver.

The module gives you a number of ways of manipulating the text on your terminal.  Using constants or procedures, you can change the foreground and background text color, text attributes, cursor position, or erase and clear lines and the screen in a number of ways.

I'm currently in the process of moving all of my files to a commercial server, so you'll have to get it from the modula2.org download mirror, if you want it:
http://allserv.ugent...xds/ansi.tar.gz

Somewhat important note: I tested the download, it works fine. However, I created the tarball with the intention of it being extracted into your personal library directory, so it extracts to the current working directory rather than creating a new directory..  So you need to either place the tarball into wherever you keep your personal libraries, or into a temporary directory before extracting so that the files don't get lost among any unrelated files.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users