We have released the first public beta of Excelsior JET 11 for three platforms: Windows/x86, Linux/x64 and OS X. Future betas and the final release will support 64‑bit Windows and 32‑bit Linux as well.
- Java SE 8 and JavaFX 8 support
- 99.999% of JCK8 tests passed
Not in this beta
Features planned for version 11 that are not yet ready for beta testing:
- Startup time improvement technologies in the 64‑bit version
- JetPackII command-line interface
- In the Windows version, the JET Setup welcome screen displayed after the installation bears a wrong Java SE version, 7 Update 76, instead of Java SE 8 Update 40. It is safe to proceed.
- The methods
Thread.resume()are not implemented yet. (They have been deprecated since forever, so you should not be using them anyway.)