We have published Excelsior JET 11 beta 2 for all five platforms.
Version 11 Highlights
- Java SE 8 and JavaFX 8 support
- 99.9999% of JCK8 tests passed
New in this beta
- Startup time improvement technologies are now available in the 64‑bit versions as well.
Command-line interface to JetPackII. After a long last, you can package your apps without invoking the JetPackII GUI:
xpack -add-file c:\work\MyApp\native\MyApp.exe /bin ^ -backend excelsior-installer ^ -company MyCompany ^ -product MyProduct ^ -eula c:\work\MyApp\MyApp.license ^ -target c:\work\MyApp\installer\MyApp-setup.exe
Version 11 will not support some features of the JetPackII GUI, but we plan to add them all later.
- Startup Accelerator is missing in the OS X version and will be added at some point after release.
- JET-8055: On Linux, application may crash if run from a directory with spaces in the pathname and the Startup Accelerator is enabled.
- JET-8040: Eclipse RCP applications may not work on 64-bit Ubuntu if created with Eclipse 4.3