Last time Excelsior JET was on the current major version of Java SE, at version 7.2, it only supported 32‑bit Windows and Linux. It is the development of the 64‑bit versions for Windows, OS X, and Linux that caused such an enormous gap in Java version support timing. Now that the final piece has fallen into place, we would like to say: Thanks a lot for your patience!
In other news:
- JavaFX 8 included in the product
- Startup optimization technologies ported to the 64‑bit versions*
- Now you can package your applications using just the
xpackutility, i.e. without invoking the JetPackII GUI at all.
- Certain changes under the hood resulted in increased robustness of the compiled applications
* Startup Accelerator is not available for OS X yet.
P.S. if your Support Contract was active on Sep 29, 2015, or you have purchased Excelsior JET 10.5 from a third-party reseller after that date, you should have received the download instructions for version 11 by email.
If those instructions are neither in your inbox nor in your Junk Mail folder, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.