I downloaded a trial copy of Excelsior JET and I am impressed with the size reduction achieved. However, it does far more things than what I need.
This is my scenario
I ship a JRE(Sun) with my application for Windows Desktop. My application is a jar file.
My setup MSI is around 30 MB - most of the size is because of the JRE. My jar file is less than 2MB.
I am looking for this.
1) MSI size reduction (big time)
2) I don't want my jar touched at all. i.e. I don't want optimizations in my code.
3) I am looking for 2 things.
Check dependencies in my jar.
Give a stripped down smaller size JRE required to run my application.
4) I don't want an EXE created
5) I don't want packaging done - I will do that on my own.
Is there a way I can do this with Excelsior?