Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gurdeeptoor

Application files

I have gone through the user guide and tried the same steps but my application still have the default installer which is from visual studio 2005 (Where i am developing application). the one thing i m not sure about is the application files... What files do i need to put in there.... Is it Release folder, Debug folder or the whole solution of my application.

How can i Put Installer in Existing VB.net Project in Visual Studio 2005

Any Ideas

Thanks in advance

Well...

The thing you need to know is about VisualStudio and/or .NET framework. Pity I know very little about them both, so I'm afraid I cannot help you much.

.NET application can be in various forms and first you need to know which form has your app and what files it consists of.

Check these articles:

http://www.startvbdotnet.com/extras/deploy.aspx

http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/net_general/visualstudionetadd-ins/article.php/c7219/

They can give a common idea what to dig inside your Release folder and how to determine file set of your application. To make sure you know fileset right, try to manually copy these files to some computer (preferably without Developer Studio installed) and run your application there. If it runs OK, then you know your files right.

Our Installer then will be able to help you to automate this "copy files" process.

Regards,

Andrey

I have gone through the user guide and tried the same steps but my application still have the default installer which is from visual studio 2005 (Where i am developing application). the one thing i m not sure about is the application files... What files do i need to put in there.... Is it Release folder, Debug folder or the whole solution of my application.

How can i Put Installer in Existing VB.net Project in Visual Studio 2005

Any Ideas

Thanks in advance