Excelsior Forums
jiverson

compiler failure XDS Modula-2 Linux 2.51

Hi,

After making a couple seemingly innocuous changes to the implementation section of a module, attempting to compile the module with XDS Modula-2 2.51 on Linux fails with the following report:

* [*** 0.00 F450]

* compilation aborted: ASSERT(FALSE, 55656)

Any ideas what might be the cause or how the error can be circumvented?

The same code compiles fine on Windows.

Thanks,

Scott

Skott,

after the crash compiler shoud drop stack trace to the file "errinfo.$$$" in the same folder with compiler executable.

Could you check if it exists there and send me it if so. Just copy-paste its contents.

Thanks,

Andrey

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for the reply.  I don't see an errinfo.$$$ file in the directory with the compiler (or the directory where the compiler was launched).  The directory permissions look fine.  I thought errinfo files were only produced by the Windows version.

Is there another location where the errinfo file might be created?

Thanks,

Scott

Skott,

I am sorry for misleading you with errinfo files.

Shame for me, I should know we have no such feature on Linux.

So the case is more complicated then I expected.

I propose to move our discussion to support e-mail.

Please respond to this post directly to support@excelsior-usa.com, I'll ask guys there to forward it to me.

Could you give a code sample that makes compiler to crash with .sym files necessary to compile it.

Also it would be greatly helpfull if you give some description on:

- what Linux are you using

- what is compiler version are you using (e.g. what it prints when starting compilation, text like "XDS Oberon-2 v2.40 [x86, v1.50] - build 02.02.2004")

- any details on what changes did you made in the source to make it so dangeroes

Regards,

Andrey

Hi Andrei,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I managed to recode the procedure and avoid the compiler error.  The Linux version is Red Hat 9, and the XDS version is 2.51.  The changes related to the handling of some (pointers to) dynamically allocated arrays.  I don't recall ever seeing that type of error on Linux before.  The code was part of a large project, and it would have been difficult to cut down a test case.

Thanks for your response.

-Scott