Excelsior Forums
ACJ

Help with my debugging method

I want to write a library to write each routine's  name and the module in a file as well as on the screen. It work's in Topspeed but not in XDS even with the XDS Topspeed Compatibility  Pack installed.

The fault is "RTS unhandled exception #3: invalid location". What am I missing?

Have you tried using HIS or running your program in the XD debugger to find out where it crashes and why?  If yes and you still cannot understand the problem, post a minimal sample that has that problem here (or email it to XDS support if you are a registered user.)

Yes, I have tried the debug-utility. It stops in the mHalt.MOD file. Funnilly if you import IO.MOD into mHalt.MOD but you don't use any of IO.MOD's routines

directly, it seems to be working. Someone at XDS suspects the order in which the routines were called. I then looked at some way to specify this order but I couldn't find it. Any clues where?

Hi, I'm still busy. The same problem occurred again, but in another part of the program. I"m beginning to suspect  the way I'm using the dynamic memory.

I'll keep you posted on any progress.

Yippee horaah! I have found one of the main erors iin the mHalt--module. It has something to do with  the importation of module Strings into a definition module but it is not used. Thanks. I think you can delete this topic for now!

No, not yet. The "imvalid location"-error keep coming back if I modify part of my program. Also how do you read the keyboard directly.

Yes, yes, yes. I have done it. Now I only have to use a module OUT to write things to the screen and a file while debugging a program. See the message about  the  STDFILES.DEF about redirection. That took me a whole year to discover for I'm speech disabled and live outside a city and  cannot coommunicate with the learned people. Also I had to rewrite the Topspeed-compatibility-pack for myself as I did not have the money for buying the real maccoy. But I've done it. Now I can continue developping my super-fast, super-compact, easy-to-use database similar to Clarion. Anyone that is interested can e-mail me at acj@lantic.net. Thanks.