Excelsior Forums
oo

How do I suppress the warnings?

Hi,

I am compiling some old code (not originally implement by me), and I get a number of warnings that I don?t want to see. They are of the form of import of "something.something" is never used (W306) ? is there a command line option to suppress these warnings.

I am having problems compiling this code which was originally compiled using Top Speed ? but my problems are becoming more difficult with the 100?s of warnings I am receiving.

Thanks a lot

O.O.

Use option WOFF to suppress warning messages. When the option WOFFnnn (e.g. WOFF306) is set ON, the compiler does not report the warning nnn (306 in the above example). See the xc.msg file for warning texts and numbers.  -WOFF+ disables all warnings.

Thanks sleepyhead ?WOFF works for me. That?s all I wanted.

Thanks snowman ? this is an educational project, so we don?t have the funds for porting services. My professor wrote this code about 15+ years ago for his PhD thesis using Top Speed Modula 2. He would now like to modify some of this code to get intermediate values ? so that he could prepare problems for us to solve in class. He actually does not want porting. He wants the ability to be able to change the code ? and be able to run the new version of the program ? because he does not have the compiler. I think a simple compilation would help him.

Thanks to you guys.

O.O.

From our previous porting/migration efforts, I would suggest you to switch warnings off one by one, and only after reviewing the respective pieces of code. Warnings may indicate problems. Even if there is one real problem for 100 warnings, debugging it with warnings disabled is likely more expensive than reviewing all warnings.