Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ashwin

Upgrade for a product

Hi,

I were using Excelsior Jet 4.8 for our applications. Every thing is working fine except for:

• When I have updated the two jars (main exe jar and a dll converted jar) an error appears "Inconsistent compilation set detected when processing the following classes." When I have deleted the intermediate files corresponding to the dll jar project properly get updated. Can't there be an easy way to do such a kind of updates.
  • Now once I got the updated execution set I need to put it on the server (either in the form of Self-contained directory) and upgrade it supposed to be identified by the client machine (at present we are using Java web start. It identifies the old jars and replace them automatically with their new versions). Do you know any way out which could provide such a functionality? :)

--Ashwin

When I have updated the two jars (main exe jar and a dll converted jar) an error appears "Inconsistent compilation set detected when processing the following classes." When I have deleted the intermediate files corresponding to the dll jar project properly get updated. Can't there be an easy way to do such a kind of updates.

Ease of compilation of multi-component applications (EXE + DLLs) has been substantially improved since Excelsior JET 5.0 by introducing so called project data base.

As you you get stuck with JET 4.8 (I guess due to the need for J2SE 1.4.2 support), I'm afraid there is no simpler way.

-------------

Now once I got the updated execution set I need to put it on the server (either in the form of Self-contained directory) and upgrade it supposed to be identified by the client machine (at present we are using Java web start. It identifies the old jars and replace them automatically with their new versions). Do you know any way out which could provide such a functionality?

Please contact Excelsior Support Dept. at java @ excelsior-usa.com