Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sanchez

"Invalid Component: no CPB"

Hello,

I'm a novice with the JET product and wanted to query the forum to see if someone could refer me to documentation or information to resolve the error message listed above in the subject.

I performed a search and found a couple messages for CPB, but the messages contained no information regarding the causal reason or any detail about the CPB message.

Thanks in advance.

Sanchex

CPB (Control Parameter Block) is internal static data necessary for running executable.

Do you use any third-party executable protectors to pack a JET compiled executable?

Thanks for the response e.v.e.

Yes, a 3rd party protection software was used on the subsequent JET compiled EXE? It is a product from SafeNet that encrypts and obfuscates PE32 file formats for software security.

Do you know if this breaks the conversion using JET?

Thanks,

Sanchez

Below is a standard procedure for creating and deploying JET-compiled applications encrypted with a third-party tool.

Suppose you have created the installation package in JetPackII and the application (say app.exe) works on target machines without encryption. You have a project file, say, YourApp.jpn.

1. Call

xpack YourApp.jpn -make-image for_encryption_dir

3. Encrypt app.exe in "for_encryption_dir" directory

4. Create the installer with this command:

xpack YourApp.jpn -from-image for_encryption_dir

For more information, please read JET User's Guide, Chapter "Deployment automation", Section "Installations protected by license managers"

If this procedure does not solve your problem, you should probably contact the vendor (Sentinel) and ask if they can provide you options to correctly process  the PE sections in executables.