Excelsior Forums
gtk

jar Files needed after packaging?

Hello folks,

I'm currently testing Excelsior Jet compiler.

After I compile my source files, I can run the created exe file without problems. When I run the exe files on an other PC (of course packaged with JetPackII), the exe file does not start. There seems to be a problem with a jar file.

Oddly enough this jar file is included in the exe (the main method is located in this jar file, too). When I copy the "missing" jar file to the same folder where the exe file is located, the exe works perfectly.

Is this a restriction in the evaluation version? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

1) Could you please describe error which occurs in more details (e.g. exception stack trace would be very helpful)?

2) What settings did you select on the CLASSPATH page in Jet Control Panel? Try combination of Protect = all classes, Pack into exe = auto-detect

3) Does this JAR contain not only classes, but also resources?

4) Is this JAR a part of some thirdparty library?

5) Please send your JET project file (.prj) to Excelsior Support Dept. java (at) excelsior-usa.com

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply.

so here are the answers:

1. The application I try to compile is Pentaho Data Integration (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pentaho/pdi-open-3.0.4.zip?modtime=1214584463&big_mirror=0)

When I run the application without the jar (kettle-engine-3.0.jar) file in the same folder, I get this error (although the jar is included in the exe file):

Unable to find kettle engine jar file to set build date. (ingored)

Processing has stopped because of an error:

Error reading object from XML file

Unable to load step info from XML step nodeorg.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleS

tepLoaderException:

Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [RowGenerator]. Check if the plugin

is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution.

Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [RowGenerator]. Check if the plugin

?.

... 4 more

Caused by: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepLoaderException:

It seems like the classes in the jar file cannot be accessed, although they are included in the exe (Protect = all classes, Pack into exe = auto-detect). In fact they must be included, because the main method is right in the jar file (kettle-engine-3.0.jar).

Also I would like to have this file protected, so that?s why I do not want to place a copy of the jar file in the same folder, but rather have it compiled in the exe.

2. I chose protect=all classes, pack into exe = auto-detect only for the kettle-engine-3.0.jar (which should be protected). For thirdparty libraries I chose -pack=none -protect=nomatter.

3.The JAR contains mainly class files and some ?*.properties? files, which are just text files.

4.The JAR file is not a thirdparty library (or a part of it) .

5. I sent the file by mail to java (at) excelsior-usa..

Thanks.

Hello,

the Excelsior support showed me a little workaround and explained the problem. The application now works!

Excellent support! Thanks :)