Excelsior Forums
johnrule

Linux demo problem

Hello,

I just tried the Linux demo (6.4), and I ran into an issue that I just reported for the Windows version. When you open JetPackII to build, you get an error dialog that states the version of the executable was built with an older version, and cannot be used. On Windows, this only happens the first time but there was no work around in Linux. In other words, I was not able to build a standalone for distribution...quite unusable.

I still have an older version (4.5) that seems to work fine...

This was tested on a new install of Suse 11.1 with Java 5 build 8 installed, Athlon dual core x64 (32 bit install).

JR

Hi John,

I have tried to reproduce on Linux the problem you reported, but I have not managed to do that. (I was using the same scenario as for Windows.) Could you please describe it in more details? I need to know: what is the old JET version (4.5 ?),  new version (6.4 or 6.4 MP1, Java 6 update 7 or update 10?).

I have an older install of JET 4.5, and I installed the 6.4 demo to check it out. This is on Suse Linux 11.1 by the way...

It happens right after the compile finishes, and a prompt comes up asking if you want tor Run or Package. If you press 'Package', JetPack is launched, but it points to the default JET install directory (i.e. my 4.5 install, which has an executable in there)...so it sees the wrong executable, and gives me an error. This is not a big deal (you just open JetPack separately) but for someone who has an older installation and is looking at upgrading, it can be a little frustrating.

Even after I created a new .jpn file, and saved to a new directory (I have a totally separate directory from my 4.5 install of course), it still points to my old directory if I launch JetPack II from the 'Package' button.

Thanks,

JR