Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
excbv

Using XDS-C v. 2.51 under SUSE Linux 11.0

Hello,

I am trying to start using XDS-C v. 2.51 under SUSE Linux 11.0 ; but I am encountering some problems. Hopefully, someone can help me.

I wanted to rebuild the library, and to do that I followed the instructions in the readme file. However, I encountered the following errors:

../../C/X2C.c:192:24: error: linux/user.h: No such file or directory

../../C/X2C.c: In function ?fp_error?:

../../C/X2C.c:797: error: invalid use of undefined type ?struct user_i387_struct?

../../C/X2C.c:798: error: invalid use of undefined type ?struct user_i387_struct?

../../C/X2C.c: In function ?X2C_SIGSEGV_handler?:

../../C/X2C.c:821: warning: passing argument 2 of ?signal? from incompatible pointer type

make: *** [../../C/X2C.o] Error 1

I managed to get rid of the first error by changing the corresponding #include to

#include <sys/user.h>.

However, the second error already presented insurmountable problems: The type in question is defined within X2C.c by the statement

#include <asm/sigcontext.h>

static struct user_i387_struct sigfpe_fpu_state;

however, I could find sigfpe_fpu_state neither in sigcontext.h, nor in the whole /usr/include tree.

My suspicion is that the problems arise due to the fact that XDS-C v. 2.51 is written on top of glibc 2.2.93 while the default installation in SUSE Linux 11.0 is glibc 2.8-14.2(i686). I wonder if someone has a comment or suggestion.

Regards,

bostjan

Hello,

With regard to my previous post, it is (hopefully) somewhat of a nonissue, as I will explain further on; however, new problems cropped up as I continued to work on enabling XDS-C under SUSE Linux 11.0.

Originally, I undertook to rebuild the library libxds.a because I accidentally erased it; hence the problems described in my previous post. I solved this problem by simply reinstalling XDS-C and proceeding to use the libxds.a supplied with the installation.

My next step was to build hello.mod as described in the manual. The compilation finished without problems. However, the C-build resulted in new problems. The command

cc ch/hello.c -o hello -I/usr/local/xds/include /usr/local/xds/lib/C/libxds.a

issued from within the work directory resulted in the following error messages:

In file included from /usr/local/xds/include/xmRTS.h:5,

from /usr/local/xds/include/X2C.h:545,

from ch/hello.c:6:

/usr/local/xds/include/xPOSIX.h:16:16: error: io.h: No such file or directory

/usr/local/xds/include/xPOSIX.h:22:21: error: process.h: No such file or directory

It turned out that in the file include/X2C.h there is a statement that defines _msdos (even though I am running under Linux). After simply deleting this statement, the build completed without errors. However on running the file hello I received the error message:

#RTS: Coroutines initialization fault 3...

If anyone knows something about this problem, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Regards,

bostjan