Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
polskash

Two Questions/Bugs

So far, I've had lots of success with the free installer, it's great. I'm experiencing two problems at the moment:

1. When my install package runs, in the start menu, the uninstall shortcut is being placed on top of my executable shortcut, which is unacceptable. Under Settings-Shortcut Properties->Program Folder, my main executable is listed first, and then my uninstall shortcut. Even if I flip the order, the uninstall shortcut shows up on top. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

2. When I save my project as an updateable, and create an update, I set the version to 1.1. When I run the update package, it correctly shows that it is installing version 1.1. However, when I go to uninstall, it shows that it is removing version 1.0. Is this the intended behavior?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. When my install package runs, in the start menu, the uninstall shortcut is being placed on top of my executable shortcut, which is unacceptable. Under Settings-Shortcut Properties->Program Folder, my main executable is listed first, and then my uninstall shortcut. Even if I flip the order, the uninstall shortcut shows up on top. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Did you try to remove the uninstall shortcut either?

If no, try it. To recreate it just select "Uninstall.exe" from the installation folder.

This is a tricky way, but sometimes may help.

Actually we don't know a reliable way to controll the sort order which the Explorer will use for shortcuts and so we don't have any means in the Packager for it. At least, if your user ask the Explorer to sort shortcuts by name then it will happen so even if you install your package after it.

If you know any way to handle it, we'd be glad if you share it with us :). We'll continue thinking about too.

2. When I save my project as an updateable, and create an update, I set the version to 1.1. When I run the update package, it correctly shows that it is installing version 1.1. However, when I go to uninstall, it shows that it is removing version 1.0. Is this the intended behavior?

No, it is not an intended behaviour. Actually we didn't think about it at all. Yes it looks as a misbehaviour, so I'm putting it to our bagtracker.

Thank you for interesting questions!