Excelsior Forums
i_am_jim

Is There a Silent Mode?

Question 1

Is there a way to make the entire installation silent?  That is once the person clicks OK to the Use Agreement the rest happens automatically with no further prompts or screens?

I am using the free version simply to deliver a Visual Basic installation package and start the Setup.exe, so I want it to be completely silent after the User Agreement.  As it is, it presents a screen saying installation has completed successfully where for me installation has just begun.

FYI, I could use an optional information screen just before or after the User Agreement is presented, but nothing after that.

Hello!

The only way to make entire installation silent available for the moment is to run the installation package with "/batch" parameter of the command line. This mode hides all installation screen, including the license agreement.

I'm afraid it is not what you really need, sorry to say.

There is no other ways to opt-out installation screens. I've put this feature to our todolist, hope we'll have it in the future.

Thanks for the good idea.

Hello!

The only way to make entire installation silent available for the moment is to run the installation package with "/batch" parameter of the command line. This mode hides all installation screen, including the license agreement.

I'm afraid it is not what you really need, sorry to say.

There is no other ways to opt-out installation screens. I've put this feature to our todolist, hope we'll have it in the future.

Thanks for the good idea.

Is there any update on this?