• Announcements

• xfadmin

The Forums Are Back (But the Login Names Are Gone)   09/13/16

We have upgraded the forum engine to the new version that does not support login names and display names as separate entities, so we had to drop one of these during database conversion. We decided to let login names go so as to preserve display names. Use your display name or email address to log in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

iPhone support

1 post in this topic

I am interested in JET exclusively for iPhone support.  I realize that the iPhone isn't currently a targeted platform, but JET as it stands now is a nice start to meeting Apple's iPhone restrictions.  I won't be able to bankroll development on my own, so please add comments or suggestions if you are interested in this, too.  Here are the features I'm looking for:

1) The ability to deploy to iPhones via the app store

2) Java 7 support, so that all of the upcoming modularity support can be used to keep the binaries as small as possible

3) UI support in order of decreasing desirability --  JavaFX, Java2D, Swing, AWT, and SWT.  Alternatively, the ability to run a web server on the iPhone (think Hudson or Fitnesse) and render the UI through a browser would meet all of my needs, but I don't know how feasible that is.

I'm sure the current Apple tools for developing iPhone apps are very nice, but I want to be able to deploy the things I write across different platforms. 

PS -- I think the latest discussion of a JET OS X port predates SoyLatte.  Perhaps, this new development will make iPhone support easier than it would have been in the past.