Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
curtcox

iPhone support

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I am interested in JET exclusively for iPhone support.  I realize that the iPhone isn't currently a targeted platform, but JET as it stands now is a nice start to meeting Apple's iPhone restrictions.  I won't be able to bankroll development on my own, so please add comments or suggestions if you are interested in this, too.  Here are the features I'm looking for:

1) The ability to deploy to iPhones via the app store

2) Java 7 support, so that all of the upcoming modularity support can be used to keep the binaries as small as possible

3) UI support in order of decreasing desirability --  JavaFX, Java2D, Swing, AWT, and SWT.  Alternatively, the ability to run a web server on the iPhone (think Hudson or Fitnesse) and render the UI through a browser would meet all of my needs, but I don't know how feasible that is.

I'm sure the current Apple tools for developing iPhone apps are very nice, but I want to be able to deploy the things I write across different platforms. 

Thanks,

Curt

PS -- I think the latest discussion of a JET OS X port predates SoyLatte.  Perhaps, this new development will make iPhone support easier than it would have been in the past. 

http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/