Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cypherit

Deployment without using JetPackII

I have managed to compile my exe's using JET, and everything works fine when I run my program ( as a windows service ) on the machine where JET is installed.

But when I try to deploy it to a machine I get error's in the event log saying the following:

The first error was :

Fatal error: Excelsior JET 7.00 installation cannot be found.

HOW TO FIX:

If you deploy the compiled executables to other machines, please,

use the JetPackII tool to prepare the installation package

(see JET User's Guide, "Deployment Automation" for details).

Otherwise, include the JET/bin directory into PATH or reinstall JET.

So I tried putting the JET/bin dir contents into the location of my application and then I got the following error :

Fatal error: "C:\Program Files\bbRad\bbRadGateway.exe" requires JET profile "1.6.0_16" that cannot be found ("C:\Program Files\bbRad\profile1.6.0_16" does not exist).

HOW TO FIX: run JET Setup to create a new JET profile and then recompile the application.

The profile1.6.0_16 that is under JET install directory is about 300MB so I don't really want to just copy all that. Can anyone tell me what I need to package along with my application in order for JET to work.

I have assumed that I don't HAVE to use JetPackII to package my application, my assumption on that is correct yes?

Thanks,

James

I have assumed that I don't HAVE to use JetPackII to package my application, my assumption on that is correct yes?

You should use JetPackII to prepare the package (intaller or self-contained directory) that can be used on machines where Excelsior JET is not installed.

The profile1.6.0_16 that is under JET install directory is about 300MB so I don't really want to just copy all that.

Of course, you do not need to copy all those files to other machines.

Can anyone tell me what I need to package along with my application in order for JET to work.

Open JetPackII and add the compiled executable to the package. After that, the necessary JET Runtime files will be added to the package automatically.

Hi guys.

I can't start JetPack II. When I click on package upon building my java app, the loading screen of JetPack II appears and nothing more happens.

I have reproduced this step many times and always stick at the same place.

Any help?

Thanks.

I can't start JetPack II. When I click on package upon building my java app, the loading screen of JetPack II appears and nothing more happens.

That seems strange. Please, contact our support team (java at excelsior-usa.com).