Excelsior Forums
Mike

Spring support?

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with compiling projects that use Spring? I am evaluating JET and am getting a ClassFormatError when the a test run is performed and the application is starting up and instantiating the beans defined in the Spring application context.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

It seems that you are trying to use Java 7 class files. Note that JET does not support Java 7 yet.

For more verbose diagnostic, please add the property

jet.jit.loud

on the page "Start" (type it into the "Java System Properties" text area on the bottom right of the page), and perform a test run again.

Please post here the extra output describing error.

Regards,

-AlexM

Hello,

We only use Java 6 so I don't think we have any Java 7 class files. I managed to get the application to run by removing the instantiation of our Web Service beans. So spring works fine; the problem is instantiating our web service beans.

I enabled the verbose diagnostic (see attached log file) and it seems that JET is having a problem with one of our web service methods. It compiles fine it seems, but when the application starts it throws a ClassFormatException.

We are using java version "1.6.0_29" where as JET is using update 27. I don't know if that can be a problem.

Best regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

It seems that you are trying to use Java 7 class files. Note that JET does not support Java 7 yet.

For more verbose diagnostic, please add the property

jet.jit.loud

on the page "Start" (type it into the "Java System Properties" text area on the bottom right of the page), and perform a test run again.

Please post here the extra output describing error.

Regards,

-AlexM

jet.txt

It seems that Spring (or JAXB?) generates classes with illegal names. The class name

no.bbc.basis.server.ws.BagFlightInfo$JaxbAccessorM_getBagBins_setBagBins_[Ljava_lang_Short;

is not legal according to Java Virtual Machine specification (it contains forbidden characters '[' and ';').

Oracle JRE sometimes omit this class format check. However, you can force Oracle JRE to make all checks.

Please run your application on Oracle JRE with the following additional JVM argument:

-Xverify:all

Please let us know if it fails with the similar exception.

If it is the case, as a workaround you can disable verification checks in JIT compiler of Excelsior JET by defining the following system property:

jet.jit.compiler.options=+noverify

Regards,

-AlexM

Hello again,

Yes, you were right, the version of JAXB we were using had an issue. We upgraded to a newer version and the test run manages to run the application now.

Thank for your help,

Mike

It seems that Spring (or JAXB?) generates classes with illegal names. The class name

no.bbc.basis.server.ws.BagFlightInfo$JaxbAccessorM_getBagBins_setBagBins_[Ljava_lang_Short;

is not legal according to Java Virtual Machine specification (it contains forbidden characters '[' and ';').

Oracle JRE sometimes omit this class format check. However, you can force Oracle JRE to make all checks.

Please run your application on Oracle JRE with the following additional JVM argument:

-Xverify:all

Please let us know if it fails with the similar exception.

If it is the case, as a workaround you can disable verification checks in JIT compiler of Excelsior JET by defining the following system property:

jet.jit.compiler.options=+noverify

Regards,

-AlexM