Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deiruch

JetPack II: Updates and installing over existing installations

How can I disable the warning that JetPack II-installers show when an application is already installed? Also, how can I stop a JetPack II-installer from adding a second entry in the Add/Remove programs list when a previous version was already installed?

If it's not possible to do this with the current version, do you have an ETA? Some users are worried about the warning and don't know what to do (either they ignore your installer-warning or they uninstall, where they fear that they might lose all their settings).

I know that I should/could use updates, but I can't because we deployed dozens of different versions of our application and creating updates from every version to the current version every time is unfeasible. I'm also aware that the uninstaller of the second installation might leave some registry keys behind. In a perfect world the installer would detect a previous installation and then update that existing installation, without asking for the installation directory a second time.

I noticed that there are other posts in the forum about the same issue and (sadly) they got no replies too.

How are other users working around it?

Using another installer is an option I'm working on. Thanks for the reply.

I hope that you'll change it eventually - all it would take is an if(...) somewhere in the code and commenting out a message box.

I hope that you'll change it eventually - all it would take is an if(...) somewhere in the code and commenting out a message box.

If it were so easy :).