Excelsior Forums
JairoEog

Remove class names from native EXE

Hello,

since my software is not using reflection in any line of the code, would it be possible to delete the class, methods and parameters name from the final JET executable?

Could you add that option in a near future?

Thank you in advance. Hopping a reply.

Excelsior JET is a certified Java SE implementation. Due to license restrictions, certified implementation should contain all Java SE APIs including reflection API. Compiler cannot prove that your application never uses reflection API, as in Java a new class can be dynamically loaded at any time and it can use reflection API. So the class and method names should be preserved in the compiled application. Note that parameter names are not included in reflection information and not preserved.

To avoid appearing of class and method names in the executables, Excelsior JET has an option to encrypt such strings. It can be enabled in JET Control Panel on the page TARGET in "EXECUTABLE SETTINGS" panel.

For more information see JET User's Guide, chapter "Intellectual property protection", section "Data protection"

Excelsior JET is a certified Java SE implementation. Due to license restrictions, certified implementation should contain all Java SE APIs including reflection API. Compiler cannot prove that your application never uses reflection API, as in Java a new class can be dynamically loaded at any time and it can use reflection API. So the class and method names should be preserved in the compiled application. Note that parameter names are not included in reflection information and not preserved.

To avoid appearing of class and method names in the executables, Excelsior JET has an option to encrypt such strings. It can be enabled in JET Control Panel on the page TARGET in "EXECUTABLE SETTINGS" panel.

For more information see JET User's Guide, chapter "Intellectual property protection", section "Data protection"

Badly i can't afford the cost of a Proffessional/Enterprise license, so i can't use the encrypt option. Anyways thanks for your reply, it cleared almost all my doubts.

Badly i can't afford the cost of a Proffessional/Enterprise license, so i can't use the encrypt option. Anyways thanks for your reply, it cleared almost all my doubts.

Did you know that we have a discount program for startups and other small businesses?

In any case, you may use a name obfuscator such as ProGuard for extra protection. Refer to the following Knowledge Base article for details:

HOWTO: Maximize protection of your application against reverse engineering