Excelsior Forums
Jorge

How do I Protect Tomcat Web Application using command line

Actually, i would like to use Ant to protect my tomcat web application, and first, i would like to try it using the command line.

I'll do on a linux, but could be great to have a method independent of the SO.

I'm new using Jet and i'm lost. I just know how to use it with a gui.

Thanks

Hello Jorge,

In order to build your application from command line you can use JET project files prepared with GUI tools.

To compile executable launch the following command

jc =p Compilation-project.prj

To create package run

xpack Packaging-project.jpn

For more information see "Excelsior JET User’s Guide", chapter "Tomcat Web applications", section "Overview", subsection "Automated builds"

Thank you very mucho for your answer.

But I saw that instructions and I would like to know how can I create that files (Compilation-project.prj and Packaging-project.jpn). Di I need create them using de gui?

Thank you again.

Hello Jorge,

In order to build your application from command line you can use JET project files prepared with GUI tools.

To compile executable launch the following command

jc =p Compilation-project.prj

To create package run

xpack Packaging-project.jpn

For more information see "Excelsior JET User’s Guide", chapter "Tomcat Web applications", section "Overview", subsection "Automated builds"

But I saw that instructions and I would like to know how can I create that files (Compilation-project.prj and Packaging-project.jpn). Di I need create them using de gui?

That's right. Use JET Control Panel for creating .prj and JetPackII for .jpn project files. You can create them once and use to build the application from command line any number of times.