Excelsior Forums
amitkumarsingh

Using Excelsior JET on red hat enterprsise Linux 6.2 for compiling tomcat applications

Hi,I found excelsior really good after using it on windows to convert my tomcat application into native dll on windows.

But i need to do the same thing on RHEL 6.2 also and i don't have GUI access. Basically i am accessing the server using putty from windows. Can i compile tomcat with war files on RHEL 6.2 using command line. The direcotry structure is as follows :

(1)Excelsior jet 7.2 is installed at : /excelsior/jet7.6-eval/bin

(2)tomcat with my war file rsp.war is installed at : /prd/rsp/tomcat6.0/

Hello,

First of all, you should go to Excelsior JET directory (/excelsior/jet7.6-eval) and run

. setenv

This will add JET directories to your PATH environment variables.

Then you can compile Tomcat with applications from command line using the following command:

jc =tomcat /prd/rsp/tomcat6.0/

Alternatively, you can create project file (.prj) using JET Control Panel on Windows, and then use on Linux

jc =p your_project_file.prj

You should run this command from the same directory, where the project file is located, and its relative path to Tomcat directory should be the same as on the system where you have created the project file.

Hello,

First of all, you should go to Excelsior JET directory (/excelsior/jet7.6-eval) and run

. setenv

This will add JET directories to your PATH environment variables.

Then you can compile Tomcat with applications from command line using the following command:

jc =tomcat /prd/rsp/tomcat6.0/

Alternatively, you can create project file (.prj) using JET Control Panel on Windows, and then use on Linux

jc =p your_project_file.prj

You should run this command from the same directory, where the project file is located, and its relative path to Tomcat directory should be the same as on the system where you have created the project file.

Thanks for the solution. It worked .But i am getting a jet runtime uncrecoverable error exception. I am using jni in my web application.