Excelsior Forums
milan

program crashing randomly

Hi to all, i am having the most annoying problem its persistent but unpredictable, it's random program crashing.

I have compiled a java 2d game with JET for linux, all seems to be working perfect (game, swing menus, comport communication socket etc...).

For some reason app breaks unexpectedly after a while no exceptions in log file just quits to desktop.

I am running on 32 bit debian with minimal xorg and window manager, loading game after autologin.

I have 4 PC's running game clients and at least once a day one of them quits to desktop, and others just keep on running.

Crash happens when game is being played or when game is idling no rules there.

I am logging java exceptions and memory usage to log files, before crashing i see normal amount of memory was being used 35Mb aprox and then just end of file and no exceptions logged.

How can i figure out why my game is crashing?

is it possible to configure logging.properties to save report to file?

Any known problems with java 2d, librxtx... ?

Hi,

Do any files appear in compiled application directory?

When JET crashes, it should create a crash log file with name jet_err_N.txt, where N is a number.

Please look for jet_err_*.txt files in application directory.

I have 4 PC's running game clients and at least once a day one of them quits to desktop, and others just keep on running.

Does the crash occurs on the same PC every time?

If so, is there any differences in OS configurations of PCs?

Which version of JET do you use?

Does anything appear in dmesg output or syslog when the crash occurs?

Hi, sorry for long delay i was on holiday,

i am using ExcelsiorJet 7.6 standard edition / java SE 6 update 27.

Crash is happening randomly on any of the pc's and they are two celeronM (old cpu) and two celleron (1155 socket)

I have attached dmesg files and syslog from the last crash, last log form application was 24/06/2013 16:02:19 so this is the time of crash no exceptions insisde and no error file generated in folder.

i see in syslog about crash time has something logged before was just cron jobs, this crash happened after 4 days running.

Thank you for helping me.

Archive.zip

Could you check if the problem appears if the app is compiled with the latest Excelsior JET 8.0?

Hello,

I have tried compiling with JET8 trial version (i have licence for 7.6 only) and results are disappointing.

Works quite unstable on old celleronM crashes on load sometimes. On new intel celleron works ok but with the same unexpected crashes.

I have abandoned excelsior jet for now and switched to obfuscated encrypted executable jar and sun jvm on same linux box.

It works flawlessly for 20+ days so far.

Hope someday jet becomes stabile for long runtimes so i can go back to having secure code without encrypting classes my self and installing jvm on each machine.

Thank you all for trying to help.