Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sandeep

How to install files to two different directories?

Hi, I am dealing with a requirement which is in Windows-7 in which one set of files(including .exe, libs etc.) has to be installed in C:\Program Files\<App-Name>\ folder and other set of files(e.g. suporting files like config.xml) should go to C:\ProgramData\<App-Name>\ folder. Is there any way to achieve this?

Also I know there is option for post-install action. Similarly I want to do some post-uninstall action. Is that possible? Thanks in advance!

Post-install action can be used to move installed files into other folders. Unfortunately, moved files will be not automatically removed during uninstall phase. You should take care of removing such files yourself.

We recommend to use Excelsior Delivery. It supports installation of application files to any number of folders in addition to the main installation root.

Excelsior Delivery is free for non-commercial use. It has no time restrictions, supports full functionality of the commercial version. Excelsior Delivery and Excelsior Installer can use the same project files. Backward compatibility of project files is not supported.

To create additional installation root, go to the page "FILES" and press the button "Create New Root" on the panel "PACKAGE FILES". Please refer to the page http://installer.excelsior-usa.com/doc/delivery/eit002.html#0016 for details.

Post-install action can be used to move installed files into other folders. Unfortunately, moved files will be not automatically removed during uninstall phase. You should take care of removing such files yourself.

We recommend to use Excelsior Delivery. It supports installation of application files to any number of folders in addition to the main installation root.

Excelsior Delivery is free for non-commercial use. It has no time restrictions, supports full functionality of the commercial version. Excelsior Delivery and Excelsior Installer can use the same project files. Backward compatibility of project files is not supported.

To create additional installation root, go to the page "FILES" and press the button "Create New Root" on the panel "PACKAGE FILES". Please refer to the page http://installer.excelsior-usa.com/doc/delivery/eit002.html#0016 for details.

I have a problem. Besides I need to create a folder in programdata, I need to create and install a service. I realized that trying to create the programdata the JetPack, is disabled creation option service. Does anyone have any solution? :unsure: