Excelsior Forums
spectdev

Help with xpack for directory whole files change at every build

Guys, I am trying to automate the packaging of my application, but I have run into a roadblock.

My build process generated a folder with hundreds of files, which I include in my JetPackII project.

The issue here is that the files in that folder change at every build. As such, I am not able to use xpack as it complains that the previously included files are not longer there.

How can I get xpack to understand that the folder was updated with new files such that it updates the project info and builds successfully?

Thanks.

My build process generated a folder with hundreds of files, which I include in my JetPackII project.

The issue here is that the files in that folder change at every build. As such, I am not able to use xpack as it complains that the previously included files are not longer there.

Excelsior JET Installation Toolkit does not support this scenario. That's a known problem previously reported by other customers and your voice is counted - we will include the issue in our mid-term plans.

For now, you can use the following workaround:

1. Keep this directory (let's name is A) in JetPackII package files but make it empty and use the "Self-contained directory" back-end (this way, xpack will generate a directory containing your app and JET Runtime files.)
  2. Copy the necessary files to directory A and wrap the package into a third-party installer such as NSIS or InnoSetup.