Excelsior Forums
idle

Jet 11 - Failed to determine compiler version

Warning: JET Setup has failed to create profile due to the following reason:
Failed to determine compiler version.

In order to use Excelsior JET you have to run JET Setup and to create JET Profile manually.
Severe: Failed to determine compiler version.
Severe error: The installing of Excelsior JET 11.0 Professional Edition 64-bit on your computer has failed due to the following error: Execution '"/home/chili/Desktop/jet11/bin/jetsetup"  -show-welcome -ignore-jethome' failed - exit code 1

This was the error I encountered. I was able to install this before, but I upgraded to the latest Ubuntu, so I had to start over. I made a "mistake" by fetching the latest JDK 8, instead of update 91. Does that have anything to do with the error? 

I saw an old answer on StackOverflow to install several x86 libraries, which I did, but it still didn't resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Usually this kind of error appears when there are some 32-bit libraries are absent. Some key components of the 64‑bit version of Excelsior JET for Linux remain 32‑bit and most 64‑bit Linux systems do not have the 32‑bit libraries installed by default.

Please, use the command-line below and check if error persists:

sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libxext6:i386 libxrender1:i386 libxi6:i386 libxtst6:i386

This behaviour is explained on our site https://www.excelsiorjet.com/evaluate#install at section "Installation Instructions", subsection "Linux".

Thanks again, Alexandr!

Yes, this was what was said (I guess by your team mate?) on SO. Apparently, there were several dependency errors on the Ubuntu installation itself that had to be resolved first. I did and ran your command again and now it works. Thank you :)