Excelsior Forums
GaryLynch

Exception Occurred During Initialization

I have an application compiled and packaged with Jet 11. A couple of users have reported that on running the application they get an error dialog saying "Exception Occurred During Initialization"

Do we know if this is a Jet message or Windows?  Do we know what causes it?

cheers

Gary

Hello,

Yes, it is Excelsior JET error message. It is known issue that such error could happen on Windows with some specific locales. Upcoming release will incorporate necessary fixes.
Is it possible for you to test your application compiled and packaged with early access build of Excelsior JET 11.3 beta 3?
It could be downloaded at https://www.excelsiorjet.com/beta.

Excelsior Support Team

On 04.10.2016 at 3:13 PM, GaryLynch said:

Thanks for the response. Do you know when 11.3 will be released?

Release of Excelsior JET 11.3 is planned for Oct'16. Stay tuned with our roadmap or subscribe on our news feed to get updates about Excelsior JET: https://www.excelsiorjet.com/roadmap.

23 hours ago, GaryLynch said:

also, do you know which locales are affected?  I am having the problem with customers in Turkey and the Czech Republic.

We have encountered some problems with Turkish, Polish and Chinese locales.

Excelsior Support Team

Hi, is the 11.3 release still going to be October, we're running out of days! I have a number of customers that require a new build of our software ASAP and cannot provide it until this issue is fixed. 

On 10/28/2016 at 4:18 PM, GaryLynch said:

Hi, is the 11.3 release still going to be October, we're running out of days! I have a number of customers that require a new build of our software ASAP and cannot provide it until this issue is fixed.

Did you receive your 11.3 upgrade?