Excelsior Forums
SourceSkyBoxer

Can I native content of Excelsior into standalone application like uses with Engima Protector or BoxedApp Packer?

Hello I am new here.

Thanks for welcome saying..

Since I have tested with Excelisor JET 11.0 I am very proud your application. It can works under Engima VirtualBox 7.7

native content was generated by Excelisor Jet 11.0 example:

SwingSet2 270 mb whole contents

Embeded executable is 36,7 mb it is very small executable. But it is very nice.

PS: Engima Vortual Box doesn't have to access to command lines like <args> from Java VM

You need use only BoxedApp Packer or Engima Projector PS: I suggest almost cheap program costs 149 Dollars only single - it is not expensive. But BoxedApp Packer costs over than 300 Dollars. That is why - I think like you would create standalone executable without issues files like executable forgets contents of Java VM and jar files.... That is why - I like to use an embed application build by Excelsior Jet 11 and Engima Projector. = embedded app with commandline.

I hope you understand me. Sorry my bad English...

Thanks! Best regards from Germany

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

Do I understand correctly that you want to have single executable with all JRE files and resources packed into as the result of Excelsior JET compilation of your application? Unfortunately, this feature is not implemented yet, but we have it in future plans.

Hello thanks, no you don't need to use feature for next version just I show with application virtualization or static-ablen application. I show you how do I get embedded application?

Check youtube
Look *.jar into *.exe with Excelsior Jet and Engima Virtual Box into standalone application

Does it works with embedded applications:

• USB / DVD drive gives embedded application -> no problem!
  • Downloading or uploading process... no problem
  • uninstalling and installing process... no problem via reg and powershell StartProcess <embedded app> -Verb=RunAs and more features. It can use via powershell if embedded runs as Administrator. 
  • more features... no problem

Does it not work?

• Nothings
  • I didn't get problems... Yay...

I hope you understand video about Excelsior Jet and Virtual Box! If you like my idea than you allow me - If I develop more embedded applications without jre or jdk.

If I use command lines like <embedded app.exe> <args> than I use Engima Protector x86 or x64. If I use jre/jdk x64 than I must use Protector x64 because binary will be aviad to current architecture x64. 

O, I understand. By the way, in your scenario it will be better to finish packaging and use self-contained directory, produced by JetPackII, instead of using temporally trial_run directory, because "rt" directory in trial_run contains much more files than required to application. Please let me know if it helps.

Also, please note, that JetPackII has installer mode, which produces single executable with classic installer features, like file associations, post-install actions, callback DLLs and other. This executable is not standalone, of course, but it has powerfull compression. E.g. installer for simple console helloworld (compiled with Global Optimizer) with best compression is ~7MB. Without Global Optimizer (which is not supported yet on 64-bit intel and arm versions) installer is ~16MB.