Excelsior Forums
SRS

JET GC settings

I understand the Jet runtime included things like GC ratio to configure how garbage collection happens.  As it so happens, our application is quite tuned for this and we use

jvm launch settings such as the ones below.    How do I make sure that these get used in the Jet runtime?

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:ParallelCMSThreads
=4 -XX:CMSWaitDuration=90000 -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=10 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly

15 minutes ago, SRS said:

I understand the Jet runtime included things like GC ratio to configure how garbage collection happens.  As it so happens, our application is quite tuned for this and we use

jvm launch settings such as the ones below.    How do I make sure that these get used in the Jet runtime?

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:ParallelCMSThreads
=4 -XX:CMSWaitDuration=90000 -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=10 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly

These options are specific to Oracle HotSpot and its GC. Excelsior JET has its own Garbage Collector with its own set of options that cannot be mapped to or from HotSpot ones.
So you can remove all of the -XX options and see if your application works fine on our GC.

If after that your application will require any tuning you will have to do it using properties described in Excelsior JET User's Guide: https://www.excelsiorjet.com/docs/jet/jetw010#0321