Excelsior Forums
io

DND problems

I have a guy who has installed my Swing app that I created and packed with JET. The drag and drop and clipboard features do not work on his system. No one else has reported this problem and it works fine on my system. Any ideas why those features would not work on a particular system. He is using JRE 1.4.1_01 on Win2k.  :huh:

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand your questions. What do you mean by Java version? A .jar executable?

The JET installer works ok and he can launch the Jet complied executable but the DnD and Clipboard (system specific) features do not work on his system. The same installer and the same executable work fine on my system.

Thanks,

Yes, I meant non-compiled .jar. Realizations of the DnD in the some JRE versions were buggy, maybe 1.4.1_01 contains some bugs too.

I did send this individual a jar executable and it worked fine on his system.

The JETPack installer worked and the Windows .exe launched fine but the clipboard and DnD features did not.

He is running Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

The problem seems unique to his system. I've not had any other complaints. It's still unsettling that such inconsistencies can occur.

Thanks,