Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
keikee

javax.help.HelpSetException: Could not parse

So, I just downloaded my customer's copy of JET3.15 and neither the JET gui or the JetPack gui will open. I get the following error:

javax.help.HelpSetException: Could not parse

I'm sitting here with a program ready for distribution and I can't JetPack it. I compiled the program and DLL's from my previous BAT files that I was using for v3.11, and they seem to complile fine, but as I said, I can't pack it for distribution.

Does anyone have a clue what is causing this error and how to correct it, or is my only option to unload 3.15 and re-install 3.11? If so, that's a pain.

Saturn,

I get the same error simply trying to open the GUIs for JET and JetPack, even if I don't specify a 'prj' or 'jpn' file.

But thanks for your help!

I also had a problem installing JET 3.15 over 3.11.  I ended up uninstalling both, deleting my \JET directory and installing 3.15, compiling the JVM again...

Saturn,

I uninstalled 3.11 before installing 3.15. Could I ask which version of the JRE you are using? I'm using 1.4.1_01

I don't know if that has anything to do with this error or not.

I suppose I could unload 3.15 and try reinstalling it.

Thanks again!

Okay, thanks!

I think I'll uninstall 3.15 and then upgrade the JRE to 1.4.2 and reinstall JET. Maybe I can get it up and running sometime today!  ;D

Depending on your machine speed.... ;D

Just be glad you aren't trying to compile Eclipse...man, this is taking forever.  "It may take a while" says the knowledgebase article...

No such luck! I uninstalled 3.15, upgraded to JRE1.4.2, reinstalled 3.15 and I still get the same error.  If I don't hear something from support by tomorrow, I guess it will be back to 3.11 and hope that it still works. How disappointing!!!!

This looks like a JavaHelp bug that have escpaed Excelsior's QA testing.

Check if you have the globally set CLASSPATH variable. If yes, and it does not include the current directory ("."), JavaHelp will fail to load a helpset with stylesheets. v3.11 and below did not use stylesheets.

Possible workarounds:

• Add "." to the global CLASSPATH variable
  • Unset the global CLASSPATH if you do not need it
  • Write .bat files to run JET tools, e.g.:
    rem LP.bat
    SET CLASSPATH=
    LaunchPad.exe

Okay, I can open JetPackII if I use a BAT file as you suggested, but there seems to be another issue.

None of my external DLL's are showing up in the FileChooser list in JetPack. My program executable is there, but no DLL's appear in the list at all. The DLL's have been recompiled with JET3.15.

As a matter of fact, no matter where I go in the FileChooser file tree, no DLL's are listed. In 3.11 the DLL's were available from the FileChooser list as soon as they were compiled with that version.

Any idea what is causing this behavior?

Going back to JRE 1.4.1_01 seemed to clear up this latest issue with the DLL's not showing up in JetPack's FileChooserList. So, apparently this is an issue with JRE 1.4.2.

Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this