Excelsior Forums
ACJ

XDS's StdChans.DEF

I want to do the following in a W98 Dos-box:  Compile the SAMPLE's  HELLO.MOD-program, exit XDS and typing HELLO.EXE ENTER and it should print HELLO on the screen. But it doesn't. Why? I tried redirecting,  but it still doesn't work. Some-one else suggested that I rewrite my own inout-module to  do the inout.  I am puzzled by this because that's why redirection is there.

Or should I do the rewriting stuff.

1. Which version of XDS are you using?

2. The XDS standard hello.mod sample does not use the StdChans module. Which sample are you talking about?

1. XDS-X86-Personal Edition 2.50.

2. I know it does not use the STDCHANS-module but I ask because I want to redirect the StdChans.OutChan() to output to the screen on/in a W98 DOSBOX.

Hi, I've done it. You should use the Win32 handle CreateFile-function and not the CreateConsoleScreenBuffer to open a Win32 console and then use the XDS<->Win32 converting tool to convert the Win32 handle to a ISO ChanId. Then you can use the redirection correctly.  Also remember to allocate a console to the program. Also I've encountered another problem when outputting but solved it with the Win32 WaitUntilInputIdle-function.