Excelsior Forums
Jack_An

JET,java.applet.Applet,and java.applet.AudioClip ?

Hi There,

I converted a program uses java.applet.AudioClip to SWT, the audio clip is working fine. it works fine after I compile it by JET without +perfect option, too. But, there is silence (no sounds) after I compile it by JET with +perfect option, does anybody have such experience before?

:huh:

Regards,

Jack

Probably the problem is some dynamically loaded classes that are not compiled in perfect mode. You should set the property jet.report.not.found.entities, run the application and check for extra .usg file created in the dir where .exe resides.

Example of the .bat file used to run the application is as follows:

set jetvmprop=-Djet.report.not.found.entities
your_app.exe

Hi mavr,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you mind to tell me what is your_app.exe ? it is the exe file before compiling with +perfece or after ? The reason I ask  this question is I did not get nothing after I did what you said (the exe file I used is after compiling with +perfect).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jack

it is the exe file before compiling with +perfece or after ?
after. With that option the perfected .exe would report all classes those were not found by dynamic class loading (Class.forName). The list of those classes are outputted to console and into .usg file with the name your_app.usg. If such file already existed, new information is appended to it.  Please look at the date of modification of the file (surely if it exists), amybe it was updated during last application run. You may also look at the console output of the application (the console may be turned on by the command 'gui - your_app.exe').