Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kromozom

Packaging problem

Hi, I'm a user from Turkey.

I've downloaded the product and run it without any problem. I have also created a executable file with Excelsior JET program. Now, I want to package it but when I add the .exe file to the project in JetPackII, it gives an error

"The file C:\JET\samples\pishtiv02.exe is compiled for the profile "15"(JRE version 1.4.0_01) but JET RT components for this profile cannot be found."

How can I solve this problem?

Any help would be appriciated.

Hi,

Have you changed the JET installation profiles through JET Setup? There are sevral possible reasons for such error message:

1) One compile the application with one profile (JRE 1.4.0_01), then with the use of JET Setup had switched to another profile.

2) The run-time DLLs that reside in JET/bin folder were corrupted or removed.

3) There were another JET installed before, and it was not removed before newer installation.

To fix the problem, please run JET Setup application and choose "JRE 1.4.0_01" profile again. You might have to wait for rt.jar classes to be recompiled.

Thanks mavr for your rapid reply, however, I still couldn't solve the problem.

Firstly I installed JDK 1.4.2_04 and then I uninstalled the product Excelsior JET and reinstalled it. I also added the patch "jet-350-mp3-eval-en-win32.exe" ran it and it also reconfigured somethings(it takes 70+ minutes). Then I created a new project in Excelsior JET and the .exe file worked fine, however, when I click Package button, it gave the error

"The file C:\JET\samples\pishtiv02.exe is compiled for the profile "40"(JRE version 1.4.2_04) but JET RT components for this profile cannot be found."

How can I solve this?or am I missing something?

Maybe it is because of Windows 2003, JET was not tested with that OS...

Please contact our Support Dept. with this problem. Please include the snapshot of the contents of JET/bin folder (run the console (Start/Run.../cmd), execute the command "dir c:\jet\bin > c:\contents.txt", and attach the c:\contents.txt file. You might have to change "c:\jet\bin" in the command with the real installation path of JET)

I have Windows 2003 Standard and mine seems to run fine when creating a package (nt service type).  I have the lastest build of Excelsior and it also ran fine with a few previous builds.

Do you have a system environment variable added called: JDK_Home   and its value set to where you have 1.4.2_04 installed?  (ex: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04)

Sign in to follow this