Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wslyhbb

Need Dll Help

I just downloaded JET 3.6 yesterday, I tried building a couple of .dlls, one for each package.  I built the first one, I then built the second one that relies on a class in the first package (.dll) but since I import the class in my Java file in order to use it, JET builds the imported class into the second .dll as well.  Therefore, the classes are being duplicated, which makes the first .dll kind of useless.  I looked at the documentation and tried a few other things, but I cannot seem to get the second .dll to build without rebuilding the first package.  I continued building through my .dlls to my .exe but my .exe then includes all of the classes from all of the .dlls rather than just linking to them, which makes the .dlls pointless.  How can I get it to simply look to the other .dll and not include the package?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

According to the 3.6 users guide:

STEP 5. Re-compilation

If you change the jars from CSexe compilation set, it is enough to recompile only the executable with the command

jc =p CS_EXE.prj

However, if jars compiled into one of the DLLs were changed, it is necessary to recompile that DLL as well as the components that were built after it, including the executable. Finally, if modifications of DLL?s jars change the import relationships (e.g. new classes are referenced), you may have to repeat the whole process starting from STEP 1. Fortunately, that is a rare case if you create DLLs from third-party jars which do not change.

This leads me to believe that if I modify a DLL (not the interface, just the implementation), then I must recompile the executable also.

Is this the case?  If yes, then much of the benefit of creating DLLs is lost.  To update users of my software, I must send them not only the modified DLL but also the executable.  What am I missing here?

I had looked at the samples that came with the install and I read the documentation.

Can I ask one question?  I have one .dll (classLoader.dll) that should link to another .dll (nstdexcptn.dll).  Is the following project file look right?

-gendll+

-outputname=classLoader

-classabsence=ignore

-ignorememberabsence+

-lookup=*.class=./com/prodeveloping/util

!module com/prodeveloping/util/ClassLoaderException.class

!module com/prodeveloping/util/DynamicClassLoader.class

!module nstdexcptn.dll

Sign in to follow this