Jump to content
Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tars

Inconsistent symfile

Recommended Posts

I am building an application with dll's and an exe. When I build a certain dll that relies on another dll (I refer to the sym/bod/obj-files) I get the following exception:

  5/4: ..\..\Libraries\Core\Common\jaxm-api.jar:/javax/xml/messaging/OnewayListener.class

* [ *** F199 ]

*  Attempt to use inconsistent symfile "..\saaj-api\sym/javax/xml/soap/~S~O~A~P~Message.sym"

The saaj-api dll was successfully built without any message concerning SOAPMessage. I tried performing a clean build, which didn't help.

Anybody had the same problem and cares to tell me how he fixed it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that the problem is in incorrect way of creating multicomponent applications. Please refer to the description and examples in the chapter "Dynamic linking" of JET User's Guide (especially section "Multi-component applications"/"Building multi-components applications)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply. The problem is solved.

I don't get however what solved the problem and what the problem was in the first place.

Before I did this:

% classabsence stuff

-lookup=*.class=myjar.jar;

-lookup=*.obj=.\obj;..\mylibrary\obj;

-lookup=*.sym=.\sym;..\mylibrary\sym;

-lookup=*.bod=.\bod;..\mylibrary\bod;

!push

-bindresources+

-resourceonly+

!module myjar.jar

!pop

!batch *.class "com"

Now I do this:

-OUTPUTNAME=myjar

% classabsence stuff

-LOOKUP=*.obj=./obj_$(OUTPUTNAME)

-LOOKUP=*.jar=.

!module myjar.jar

Maybe the former is old-school. I derived it from a prj-file generated by an earlier version of jet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Project files generated by jet are only for single-component applications! Compiling a dll + exe requires manual projects, as desrcibed by documentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×