Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
szchsong

Performance questions

Two interesting questions on performance:

1. First time running of executive is  significant  slower  than  following  running of same executive. For instance,  first time executive running is 1 minute 22 second.  But 2nd, 3rd running and so on   is between 20-22 seconds.  

2.Given equvalent size of codes(files in jar),  time-cost of compiling  are much different.  

Why and what make the performance big difference in above two questions?

Thanks,

Song

It seems to be that your application uses JIT. If so, the first time JIT compiles at run-time dynamically loaded bytecode, and the next times it only reuses already compiled and cached code. That's why times are differ. Yoy can further improve the performance using JIT Cache optimization. See JET User's Guide "Mixed compilation model -- JIT Cache Optimization" chapter.

No. In my application, there is no dynamical classes loading and there should be no JIT. This is to say, all classes have been pre-compiled into a single exe before the running. So....?

Hi,

I don't know how you exactly compiled your application, but I think it's just the big JET .dll's that are either already loaded in memory, or they are loaded faster because they are cached from harddrive in memory

cheers

Markus

Sign in to follow this