Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pablote

XP look and feel with SWT

using the "javaw.exe.manifest" file I`m able to see my SWT apps with the WinXP look and feel, but when I compile them using Jet, they go back to the classic win look and feel.. how can I change this??.. thanks

when using swt apps, if you put a file named "javaw.exe.manifest" in the directory "$JRE_DIR\bin" with the following info :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">

<assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" name="SWT.javaw" type="win32"/>

<description>Standard Widget Toolkit</description>

<dependency>

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*"/>

</dependentAssembly>

</dependency>

</assembly>

then your app has the XPWin look and feel

Did you try to rename your javaw.exe.manifest to <JetCompiledExeName>.exe.manifest and put it to the

<JetCompiledExeName>.exe directory?

According  to this article http://www.javalobby.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15414&tstart=0 it should work:

"In a traditional application, you would build a visual style manfiest for the executable of your application, and either bundle it inside the EXE file, or put it outside named the same as the executable, followed by '.manifest'. So, 'MyApplication.exe' would have a matching 'MyApplication.exe.manifest' file, for example"

Sign in to follow this