Excelsior Forums
Ariel

jdbc-odbc driver?

Hi,

I've got ?an application which uses the jdbc-odbc bridge. When I compile the app with JET it isn't able to access the driver. How do I fix this.

Cheers

Ariel

You have to manually force the driver's classes into the compilation set, because they are not explicitly imported but loaded dynamically by JDBC. In the JET control panel, go to the "Classes" page and click the icon of the driver's jar in the classpath until it changes to "included" (see the legend at the bottom), then rebuild your application.

Hi Snowman!

Thanks for that. However in the list of classes I couldn't see the java sdk classes. Only the ones I added. So I don't know where to do what you suggest! I am running the JET 2.5 trial

Cheers

Ariel

I'm trying to do the same thing.

But i don't want to link classes12.zip in every application i create

Can i make a "standalone" .exe and make a DLL of classes12.zip so it cane pick up the DLL.:huh:

So that every new application can use the DLL.

in the list of classes I couldn't see the java sdk classes. Only the ones I added. So I don't know where to do what you suggest!

I meant the jar containing the bridge, not the JDK classes. When adding that jar(s) to the ClassPath Entries list, select that you want all classes to be compiled. If you already have it added, click its (the jar's) icon as I previously described.

I understand what you mean, I think ;)

But I am using the sun jdbc-odbc driver which is not added as a jar but is part of the java API class. I can't explicitly see it anywhere.

so we are back at square 1 :-)

Thanks

Ariel

But i don't want to link classes12.zip in every application i create

Can i make a "standalone" .exe and make a DLL of classes12.zip so it cane pick up the DLL.:huh:

So that every new application can use the DLL.

Yes, just add that DLL to the EXE's project file:

[tt]    !module classes12.dll[/tt]

But I am using the sun jdbc-odbc driver which is not added as a jar but is part of the java API class. I can't explicitly see it anywhere.

Well then I am surprised that it does not work.  :o

Would you please email a small sample illustrating the problem to java@excelsior-usa.com?