Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravi

Regarding Calling EXE files

B) Hi All,

Sorry for posting one message in XFunctions, that was not intented there.

I had created a demo.dll which comprises of about 30 classes. By looking at the "forName" example in JET folder, I coulld create an exe file Test.exe, which will call Main class's main method from demo.dll, earlier created. Wonderful JET.

However, my concern is I dont want a Test.exe, but I want Test.java, which is a Java Program to call my main method of Main class in demo.dll. I thought XFunction could help, but XFunction calls only C functions?? not Java functrions embedded within a dll?

If any EXcelsior consultant is reading or any other developer who knows the issue, kindly help. I need to buy this asap, thanks

How would you like to call your Test.java? Via Sun java.exe? Why do you need it?

Excelsior JET is Java VM, so use it with another JVM is quite strange. If you realy need to call your Test.java without converting it to EXE, use "xjava" tool that comes with JET. However do not forget to specify jetvmrpop when using it:

set jetvmprop=-dll:Main:demo.dll

Thanks a lot for the reply.

That gives me another concern, my application server uses Sun's java platform. Within the application, how can use JET's xjava ? Please assist, thanks

Regards,

Ravi

JET uses Sun's java platform too (it compiles JRE at setup time), so every program that run on Sun's JVM theoretically should run on JET VM.

xjava is analog of Sun's java(.exe) launcher. You can use it safely as laucher of JET VM. Normally you only need to change "java" with "xjava" in your run scripts. To learn more about it read http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jetxjava.html page.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for the valuable reply. Two things:-

You mentioned that it shoudl be "theoretically" compatible - any references you have? Can you confirm not theoretically, but "genrically" ?

Do u have xjava for Solaris as well? my development platform is linux and production deployment is Solaris.

I have seen myself that xjava does a tremendous job and appreciate your earliest reply with contact number thanks

Regards,

Ravi

Yes, I can confirm that it is genericly compatible. If the program works in another way on JET than on Sun JVM, than it is the most probably that you use JET in wrong way or it is JET bug.

Hi Kit,

Thanks for the reply.

By the by, as you had adviced, I opened my WebLofic startup scriopt, I replaced java with xjava command, which gives me a ClassNotFound Eception. I had changes the classpath too, saw that Main class is not getting incokded. Thanks and regards of valuable time.

Thanks and regards,

Ravi

Sign in to follow this