Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Qdex

Using the JavaComm API

Hi there,

My application uses the above API, and I tried to follow the JET samples to build a .EXE version.

Trouble is, when I build it using JET, it does not communicate with the serial device at all; neither does it generate exception errors.

The same application when running using my Java IDE works no problem, so I know the javacomm API is installed correctly.

Can anyone offer advice?

Cheers

Good news!

After installing JET v3.7 I tried the examples then my own JET project and it works fine! I had to make sure the following files were in my program directory:

comm.jar

javax.comm.properties

win32com.dll

I then retried with v3.6, but no joy. For information, I was using J2SE 1.4.2_04 with JET v3.6 and J2SE 1.4.2_07 with JET v3.7, although I don't think this is an issue.

So, staying with v3.7 I'd now like to deploy that executable using JETPack onto another (virgin) machine, but I'll need to upgrade first (I have a support agreement to cover this I think).

I'll let you know how I get on...

More good news...!!

It seems that I can make a test deployment with JET v3.7 RC1 after all (I'll need to check on the licencing in due course for rolling out commercial software)... and after having done this, it worked !!

many thanks zztop, for your help.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this