Excelsior Forums
klobert

Many thanks to you guys for the freeware release

That would be difficult as we don't have a single OS/2 box.

Oh!

Have you really lost your existed binaries that you distributed in the past?

Or do they require a recompilation? If so, may we provide you with a copy of OS/2 in a virtual machine or on a real H/W? (All necessary software can be placed on one bootable floppy.)

Have you really lost your existed binaries that you distributed in the past?

Or do they require a recompilation? If so, may we provide you with a copy of OS/2 in a virtual machine or on a real H/W? (All necessary software can be placed on one bootable floppy.)

We have version 2.32, but we would of course prefer to update it to 2.51. And we would have to repackage it to replace the license agreement anyway.

I used to be an OS/2 fan. I believe it would have been superior to XP if IBM continued to work on it. I also like Modula-2. Finally, a very long term supporter of XDS has just asked if we could release  the OS/2 version. So I'll try to do something about it.

We still have an OS/2 Warp 4 CD and all the necessary tools, and there is a pile of old hardware in the corner of the server room. The only major problem is allocating time to put all those things together, which would also require a total recall. :o So I'll try to do that but I cannot promise anything with respect to availability time.

What is the current status of OS/2? I trust it is completely or mostly dead, no?

I used to be an OS/2 fan. I believe it would have been superior to XP if IBM continued to work on it. I also like Modula-2. Finally, a  very long term supporter of XDS has just asked if we coudl release  the OS/2. So I'll try to do something about it.

[...]

We still have an OS/2 Warp 4 CD and all the necessary tools, and there is a pile of old hardware in the corner of the server room. The only major problem is allocating time to put all those things together, which would also require a total recall. :o So I'll try to do that but I cannot promise anything with respect to availability time.

As I have wrote above, I can prepare and send you an image of a bootable floppy (or CD-ROM) with OS/2 - even with access to FAT32/HPFS partitions,  so you will be able to do everything what you need on your existent Windows boxes, without installing it on any single computer.

What is the current status of OS/2? I trust it is completely or mostly dead, no?

It is quit alive under another brand name - eComStation. (I am a member of eCS/rus development team.)