Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ykhodosh

HELP: Cannot run 'jetsetup' on Linux

I have a problem running 'jetsetup' on Linux. Below is the exact copy of the command line and the output:

> [root@ykhodosh bin]# jetsetup -jre /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_03

> Severe: Failed to determine compiler version.

> [root@ykhodosh bin]#

Also, I noticed that I cannot run 'jc' as well but this maybe just a side effect of not being able to run 'jetsetup' properly. Here is my system information:

Linux Fedora Core 3

Kernel 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3

GCC version 4.0.1

Jet Evaluation version 3.7 with MP2

SUN Java SDK version 1.5.0_03-b07

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well, it seems to be working fine now when I switched back to the previous Linux kernel (2.6.11-1.35_FC3). There was a number of other things that did not work on my machine with the newer kernel so I assume it's just a problem with the package I installed.

Excelsior JET was fixed to be compatible with kernel 2.6.12 some time ago.

These fixes were incorporated into the latest Excelsior JET maintenance packs.

Note, that the recent version of Excelsior JET, namely JET 4.1, includes these fixes and it is not affected by this problem.

So if you suspect that you have encountered the same problem, then install the latest maintenance pack for your Excelsior JET version, available at http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jetdlupd.html.

If the installation of the latest JET maintenance pack does not help, then it could be a new problem. In such case, send more information about your system and JET version to the Excelsior Support at java@excelsior-usa.com.

-AlexM.