Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fraXis

Unhappy with the way Excelsior handles Hotfixes

Hello,

I am awaiting tech support to send me a hotfix that will fix a problem I have with the embedded database, Derby.  Excelsior Tech support sent me an e-mail on Friday morning telling me that they already have a hotfix that will fix this problem.  But it is 4 days later, and I have not received the hotfix.

My question is, why aren't these hotfixes available to the public?  I know that they have not been tested as well as a released Excelsior "service pack/maintenance pack", but the system of having to e-mail Excelsior support about a problem and then being told that they already have a fix but it is unreleased,  is a nightmare.

We need an area where users of Excelsior Jet who are on a paid maintenance plan can see the latest hotfixes and install them if it is something they need.  But having to ask for a fix, then waiting days to receive it is not a good system.

We are already experienced programmers/tech people since we are already using Excelsior Jet.  I think we can handle installing hotfixes if they fix a particual problem that we are having.

Just my 2 cents.

Shawn

We beg you a thousand apologies. Our mail server is down these days. As far as we repair the problem, you will get the hotfix.

Kit,

Thanks for the reply.  I understand about the mail server being down, but I think this situation really shows why there needs to be a download section to obtain the hotfixes.  It would be much easier if there was a download section for paying support customers, where we could view the hotfixes, read a description on what they fix, then choose to download them if we need them.

Shawn

Sign in to follow this