Excelsior Forums
Marcos Barroso

EJB 3.0 persistence compatibility

Does Excelsior JET is compatible with "EJB 3.0 persistence" ?

I suppose that the "persistente layer" should have access to original .class file (bytecode), in order to apply persistence schemas, using Reflection / Annotation information.  Am I right ?

Should I let all persistent classes (marked with @entity annotation) in .class form in order to use this new persistente schema (EJB 3.0 / Hibernate) ?

Resuming, Is it possible to precompile (using JET) my application, and still use Hibernate / EJB 3.0 great persistence layer ?

Thanks in advance

Marcos Barroso

Does Excelsior JET is compatible with "EJB 3.0 persistence" ?

Yes. Excelsior JET is fully J2SE-compatible, so it provides all the facilities provided by the Sun J2SE platform

Resuming, Is it possible to precompile (using JET) my application, and still use Hibernate / EJB 3.0 great persistence layer ?

Yes. It is possible to precompile all application's classes to the machine code, but also let them in their original bytecode form bound to the executable.

Please, read the JET User's Guide, section 3.8.1, "Working with program's resources".

Also, I recommend you to read Chapter 10, "Mixed Compilation Model" of the JET User's Guide.