Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Getting upgrades under maintenance contract???

I purchased the Jet Professional compiler on January 10, 2005 with the maintenance contract, which states that: "The Customer shall be entitled to receive for free all Product Upgrades released by Excelsior during the term of this Contract."

However, I have been having trouble getting information on how I can obtain the new version 4.1 under this contract - no reply to emails to the support department.  What is the procedure for getting this?

Thank you,

Barry

If we have your email address on file, you should have recevied the download instructions via email shortly after the new version release. If you have recevied them for versions 3.7 and 4.0, but not for 4.1, it means that either your email address has changed or the 4.1 notification email has triggered your spam filter.

We do not seem to have received your upgrade requests by email. Perhaps you sent them to our e-commerce provider? Please use the Support Request form to make sure your message is delivered to the right address. Please include the from/to email addresses of your previous requests and we'll review our mail server logs.

Not sure what is happening, but previous email was sent on December 21 to  support@excelsior-usa.com.  Excelsior does have my current email address, because I just received an email notification of the upcoming expiration of my service contract.

In any case, today I sent new email requests through the webform that you linked and a copy through my email, both of which include my serial number.  I also attached a copy of the maintenance agreement PDF file to my emailed message.

I am pasting our e-mail reply below for the case it does not get through your anti-spam software.

Dear Mr. ***,

Thanks for your inquiry - we have received 2 support requests and an e-mail from you today.

> I haven't received any upgrade instructions for versions

> since 3.7, and am approaching the end of my maintenance

> contract.

We sent product update notification to you after the release of Excelsior JET 4.0 (on September 29, 2005). Probably your spam filter have blocked that  message. Please find a copy of that e-mail below:

================================================

Subject: Excelsior JET 4.0 Upgrade

Dear Excelsior JET Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that Excelsior JET 4.0 has just been released and that your active Maintenance Contract or the Upgrade Protection rule entitles you for a free upgrade.

You may find the complete full list of new features and important changes in version 4.0 at http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jetlatest.html But the main news are that Excelsior JET 4.0 has passed the Java Compatibility Kit test suites for J2SE versions 5.0 and 1.4.2 and is certified Java Compatible by Sun Microsystems. This has enabled us to become a Java Authorized Licensee and include the Sun implementation of the Java platform API in our product.

As a result, the license agreement for Excelsior JET 4.0 has changed. So before shipping you the upgrade, we ask that your review the Excelsior JET 4.0 License Agreement and confirm your acceptance of the changes:

https://www.excelsior-usa.com/secure/jet40upgrade.php

With best regards,

Excelsior Sales Dept.

====================================================

We have not received any confirmation from you, so the upgrade instruction for Excelsior JET v4.0 and v4.1 have not been sent to you.

> Please email the instructions to me for the

> current version (4.1) as per the contract, as soon as possible.

Just confirm that you accept the new license at the URL above and downloading instruction for JET 4.1 will be e-mailed to you soon after your acceptance.

Please let us know what else we can do to help.

With best regards,

Excelsior Sales Dept.