Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dirv

Utilizing JMXRemote features

Hello all. I'm interesting in utilizing the jmxremote features that are part of J2SE 5.0, so I may use the JConsole application to monitor performance from another host. I've attempted to set the correct system properties to activate it as I had when testing with the Sun JRE, but I keep getting a connection refused message. Is that not available from Excelsior JET? If it is, would someone please point me in the correct direction?

Note: I'm using Excelsior Jet 4.0 MP2, and have successfully tested the jmxremote stuff using the Sun JRE for J2SE 5.0.

Any help would be most appreciated.

-D

Hello,

Local monitoring and management is not supported by Excelsior JET.

However, remote monitoring and management is supported (with several limitations).

See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html#remote for more details on what properties should be set to enable remote monitoring and management.

For example, to enable it in the simplest way, without any security, run the following commands from the command prompt:

set jetvmprop=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1234 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false

YourApplication.exe

Then run jconsole from Sun's JRE, in the connection dialog choose "Remote" tab and enter the port number.

-AlexM.