Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bunswo

xFunction newbie

I'm using Sun Java Studio Creator and it's telling me that package com.excelsior.xFunction does not exist when I use the statement: import com.excelsior.xFunction;

I believe this is simply because I don't have the java.lang.path property set to show where the xFunction.dll or xFunction.jar file is ... but I'm not sure where I set that property.  Can anybody tell me how I set that in Java Studio Creator?  Or if it's something else I'm doing wrong?  I'm sure this is really simple but I haven't used this program or java for a while.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi!

I have the same problem. And I'm using NetBeans IDE 5.5.1.

Where do I need to copy the .dll and .jar to make them work?

Thanks already.

If your IDE tells you that a package or class does not exist or cannot be found, then it is a Java error. It has nothing to do with the DLL. The problem is you do not have the JAR file containing the package or class mounted in your IDE. Or, you have misspelled the package or class.

In this case, "com.excelsior.xFunction" is a package. Only types can be imported. Try this code: "import com.excelsior.xFunction.*;".

As for the xFunction DLL, you need it somewhere in your Windows path. Try "c:\windows\system32".